Skip to main content

Reader's Corner - August 2012 Update

"I'd change my name to Lola."
 Oh, August, with your heat and humidity, I can't say I'm sorry to say good-bye to you.

It was a pretty good reading month, though. I read Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt (review pending) and I'm almost finished with Amish-meets-vampires horrorfest The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle.

I also got onto the audiobook bandwagon. They are the perfect antidote to road rage during my commute. For starters, I listened to Jesse Eisenberg do a good job as Cassel in Holly Black's White Cat.

I also listened to What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen. It's a nominated Teens' Top Ten book, and I can see why. The books centers on McLean, a girl whose parents have gone through a bitter divorce and who recreates herself each time she moves into a new town with her dad. Until the one town where she ends up having to be herself. Whoever that is.

Bonus video: Sarah Dessen talks about What Happened to Goodbye



Happy reading!

Comments