Skip to main content

Reader's Corner - September 2012 Update

Dude, where's my clone?
September was waaay too hot to be called autumn. It was Summer, Part 2: Seriously, How Hot Is It?

While trying to stay cool, I did start a couple of new books. I'm almost done with Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, which is just as good as the hype.

I also started another book which shall remain nameless because I'm going to abandon it. I'm more than 200 pages in, so I definitely gave it a chance. But the character has failed to engage me and I just don't care what happens next. That's such a bummer when a book fails to connect.

But I did listen to some really awesome audiobooks. Yeah, I know some people don't consider listening to audiobooks "reading," but it gives me the chance to consume more books. I listened to Legend by Marie Lu and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. But the real stand-out for me was The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer and performed by Raul Esparza.

Raul Esparza is a Broadway actor and does a phenomenal job narrating The House of the Scorpion, which is an awesome book to begin with. It's about a boy who discovers he's the clone of a drug lord and he's being groomed to be an organ donor. You can listen to a sample of the audiobook on Simon & Schuster's website.

Happy reading!

Comments