Skip to main content

Debut Author Challenge - April Update

Well, all the catching up that I did in March didn't last through April. I've started on Entwined by Heather Dixon, which I'm enjoying. (I also started Delirium by Lauren Oliver, even though it's not part of the challenge.)

But I never finished reading Bumped by Megan McCafferty.

I hadn't really come up with a book review policy when I started the challenge, but last month I realized I needed to come up with one. I gave Bumped a try. More than a try. I read about 3/4 of the book. But it just wasn't working it for me. The world-building didn't engage me. Some people may have L-O-V-E-D Bumped, but not every book is for every person.

And that's when I decided my book review policy. If I don't finish a book, I don't review it. Simple enough.

The next step was to find a book to replace Bumped on my reading list. After researching different titles, I'm going with Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer. It looks like a really cool ghost story, which is good because I'm getting a little dystopianed out.

What are you reading this month? Are you getting tired of the dystopia trend?

Comments