Skip to main content

Debut Author Challenge - March Update


The motif for March was fierce redheads who find themselves leaving the world they knew behind for something not only completely different, but downright scary.

The first redhead was Amy in Across the Universe by Beth Revis, reviewed here. The second redhead was Ellie in Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton, reviewed here. I don't know what it is about redheads, but apparently there's something in their genes that gives them extra kick-ass-itude. (Yes, I just made up that word.)

The thing I loved about both Amy and Ellie is the fact that they're not afraid to be afraid. They react to incredible obstacles like a normal human would. They cry. They run. They hide. But then they overcome their fears to take a stand against big, scary obstacle. Even if they think they may fail. Even if they think they may die. That's kick-ass-itude (Can I get that trademarked?).

So March was a good reading month. Now I'm reading Bumped by Megan McCafferty, which I'm enjoying. (I may also have time to read a second book for April, but I'll leave that as a surprise.) Entwined by Heather Dixon has been ordered by my library, and I'll probably get that in time for May.

What are you reading this month? Do the characters have kick-ass-itude? (Okay, I'll stop now.)

Comments