Skip to main content

Debut Author Challenge - July Update

It's been a busy, busy summer. Summer reading is going on full swing and I've probably read over 100 picture books. But that's not quite the Debut Author Challenge, is it?

I did read Through Her Eyes, which hasn't gotten the buzz of some other new releases and really should be a must read. I also read Wildefire, which was muy caliente and another must read.

So I'm caught up for the year, which gives me the warm fuzzies. I've started How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend, a hilarious read so far (and review forthcoming).

I picked up a boatload of books at the SCBWI conference last week (thoughts on that forthcoming), and the first to be read from that pile will be Ruta Sepetys' Between Shades of Gray. Ruta signed my copy of the novel at the conference, and she was so gracious and sweet!

That's all for now. Enjoy the rest of of your summer reading!


Comments