Skip to main content

NaNoWriMo 2013 Wrap-Up

Yeah, so I didn't "win" NaNoWriMo this year. I didn't write 50,000 words in 30 days. But ...

Around the middle of November (at about 20,000 words), I realized that my historical fiction needed more research before I could effectively do any more writing.

I knew some stuff about the time and people I was writing about, but not enough of the right stuff. I could have bullshit my way through 30,000 more words, but would be the point of that? That would mean so much more work rewriting later on.

So thanks, NaNoWriMo, for getting me started, but I spent the rest of the month doing research.

And I'm a nerd, so doing research is fun.

I still highly recommend NaNoWriMo for people who need a kick in the pants to start or finish a project.

Maybe next year I'll use NaNoWriMo to finish this novel.

Stay tuned ...

Comments