Skip to main content

Debut Author Challenge - September Update (plus bonus video)

September went by in a flash, but I stayed on course and read Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard. I also read half of the remarkably fun How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-Sized Trophy by Crystal Allen, and I hope I get to finish that soon. And I've started Rupta Sepetys' Between Shades of Gray, a heart-wrenching story about Stalin's forced deportation of a Lithuanian girl and her family to Siberia.

On the non-debut side, I'm reading Sarah Vowell's Unfamiliar Fishes, a nonficiton book about the annexation of Hawaii. Sarah Vowell has a quirky style that I love and is best shown here:


The books on my current reading list continues grow, but I'm not really complaining. What's on your reading list for October?

Comments