Skip to main content

Debut Author Challenge - August Update

I am happy to report that I am caught up for the Debut Author Challenge! I have read eight books by new authors this year, plus the bonus anthology Teeth: Vampire Tales. I even started the nonfiction book Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell. Life has been good.

What I didn't get a chance to do was my own version of summer reading, which meant reading poetry, plays, and graphic novels. You know, to expand my reading horizons. Oh well. Maybe I'll get a chance in the fall now that summer reading is over.

Speaking of fall, I've got some good books to look forward to. I've started Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard (review forthcoming). And Between Shades of Gray by Rupta Sepetys is still sitting on my TBR pile from the SCBWI conference.

What are you looking forward to reading this fall?




Comments